Polis Institute is offering opportunities for candidates interested in being trained in teaching Ancient Greek or Latin following The Polis Method. At the end of the training period The Polis Institute can offer to the candidate the possibility to join Polis teaching staff for the languages he/she has been trained in.
Background in Humanities and/or Classics, or similar.
Interest in teaching languages.
Open to learn language teaching methodology and, especially, innovative methodologies.
Able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Israeli nationality or permanent residency.
- B.A. in Classics, Humanities, or equivalent.
- If the candidate has a B.A. in Classics, he/she will be requested to reach a M.A. level by the end of the training (it can be an M.A. in Classics from another institution or the program in Ancient Philology at Polis Institute), plus the Emphasis in Teaching Ancient Languages at Polis Institute.
- If the candidate has a B.A. in Humanities or equivalent, he/she will be requested to take the program in Ancient Philology at Polis Institute with the Emphasis in Teaching Ancient Languages.
- Passive knowledge of English
- Some of the courses in the training will be in English, so the candidate is requested to provide proof of a language level high enough to understand and participate in the courses.
- Teaching experience desired, but not required.
- Training opportunity to learn how to teach Ancient Greek or Latin in a live and immersive way, following The Polis Method.
- The training will be personalized according to the needs of the candidates.
- It will involve both theoretical and practical aspects, observation of classes and leading some of the activities and lessons.
- The duration of the training will be decided according to the candidate’s background, ranging from one to two academic years.
- Polis will cover the training expenses. However, if a position is finally offered to the candidate after the training period and he/she declines the offer, a penalty must be paid.
- At the end of the training period, Polis keeps the right to offer the trainee a teaching position.
If this offer interests you; you can see how to apply on our vacancies page